Saturday 10 August 2013

Hello again!

Just over a year ago I left this blog, and capping, rather abruptly.  Sadly, a serious illness and subsequent bereavement in my family meant that I did not have the time or energy to continue.  Now I am back, and doing a little 'light' capping, still within the sphere of regional news.  It is my hope and intention to cover as many regions as possible, though not as comprehensively as I was able to do before.  Initially my 'home' regions, particularly ITV Yorkshire (Calendar), will be the main focus; though as I say, I shall endeavour to continue to cap from other regions.

Much has happened since my departure a year ago.  Sadly, in the last few weeks, Steve has closed down 'Steve's Regional News Caps', which was the most comprehensive regional news caps forum online (and the reason for this blog).  Some months earlier, after being subjected to some completely unjustified hassle and criticism, Bic Basher decided to close down the legendary 'Current Buns' site (more recently known as 'Breaking News Caps').  Both these sites and their accompanying blogs were outstanding contributions to the capping world, and will be much missed.

However, I am pleased to report that Ark Caps and Videos, under the assiduous stewardship of Cassini, is alive and well and updated regularly.  It is good to note that Cassini has also just revived the Ark's own blog.  Also, of course,  TSCelebs is as thriving as ever.

So, let's see how it goes...



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Boss Hogg :)
    Glad to see you`re back & help yourself to the usual regionals I cap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog, excellent stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete